Practice and Pragmatics of Representation of the Past in Media: Instrumentalization of History
- Examine the existing approaches to history representation and interpretation in the media.
- Introduce students to the best and most successful examples of promoting historical knowledge through the media and the most powerful examples of shaping historical data in the media.
- Develop students’ ability to find ways and means to present historical in-formation, to tell apart manipulation and opinion and deal with historical facts in their own media work.
- Know basic modes and rules of adaptations and extensions’ producing as well as approaches to analyzing of historical content in media.
- Obtain methods of analyzing of historical films and multiplatform projects, and projects of digital history.
- Use professional tools of making producers’ documents for media projects in the field of popular and public history.
- History in Film and TV shows: Film as Historical Source, Media, and Pub-lic History.
- History in Film and TV shows: The problems of Historical Narrative’s Construction. Formula and Nostalgia.
- Transmedia Storytelling and Histori-cal Projects. Gaming and History.
- Digital History: Big Historical Data and crowdsourcing in historical pro-jects.
- Logline and synopsis of a students’ project.
- Students’ project: storyline and en-gagement.
- Projects presentations (in-class defense).
- Промежуточная аттестация (3 модуль)0.4 * Final presentation + 0.6 * Work in class
- Weller, T. (2013). History in the Digital Age. London: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=507470
- Cohen, D. J. (2004). Digital history: the raw and the cooked 1. Rethinking History, 8(2), 337–340. https://doi.org/10.1080/13642520410001683996
- Rampazzo Gambarato, R. (2013). Transmedia Project Design: Theoretical and Analytical Considerations. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.96CB59E4
- White, H. (2014). The Practical Past. United States, North America: eScholarship, University of California. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.F380AD09