International Admission Requirements
International applicants to this Master’s degree programme should meet the General Graduate Admission Requirements and the following programme-specific requirements:
1) This programme requires a high proficiency in English language and that shall be demonstrated through either of the following means:
- Valid international English test certificate with following minimal score (where applicable):
- IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL iBT 80 / TOEFL PBT 500 / CAE / CPE / BEC Vantage/ BEC Higher
- Native English speakers are exempt from this requirement
- International applicants whose previous degree was delivered completely in English language are exempt from this requirement (a confirmation letter from the university is required)
There is no mandatory requirement of previous academic or professional background to apply for this programme. However, the following backgrounds would complement greatly to help the student to achieve better academic performance and benefit the most from this programme:
we seek applicants with undergraduate degrees in all disciplines with strong commitment to study history. Previous degree in History is NOT required.
International Admission Requirements:
· online application form
· CV, Motivation Letter, 1 or 2 Reference letters
· at least a Bachelor degree (any subject field) or an equivalent, duly legalized and notary translated into Russian language (university transcript may be submitted at the stage of application; university diploma is required at the stage of enrollment)
· IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL iBT 80 or equivalent is required to enroll to an English-taught graduate programme unless an applicant is an English native or has completed previous studies in English language, subject to confirmation.
Learn more about admission requirements and application procedures at our website: http://spb.hse.ru/admissions