Staffing Analytics Overview
- Identify what to do for being efficient at hiring.
- Use analytics to improve efficiency at hiring, placing and retaining the best people.
- Manage techniques to hire, place and retain the right employees.
- Recognize the relationship between HRM and organizational performance, business strategy as well as organizational behavior.
- Analyze the relationship between HR practices and their outcomes for the individual and the organization.
- Apply received knowledge and understanding of data and tools to real business situations
- Study and apply people science methods adjusting to working environment
- Demonstrate the ability to make managerial decisions and evaluate their consequences
- Demonstrate the ability to catch new knowledge and skills in the fields beyond his/her majoring
- Create and defend a customized suggestions based on data and analytics given
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, process, and analyze data necessary for solving tasks
- Create and defend a customized consulting project based on data and analytics given
- Topic 1. Introduction to Staffing Analytics. Basics of Finance, Statistics and Data-Analytic Thinking1) Introduce to the Staffing analytics course — the evolution of HR analytics. 2) Describe types of analysis. 3) Talk over what analytics are meant, data type and three levels of staffing analytics. 4) Explain what is meant by the eight-step methodology to approach an analytical project. 5) Understand the critical financial terms and concepts for HR professionals. 6) Consider basic HR metrics, demographic characteristics and sample description.
- Topic 7. Interactive HR dashboards1) Create a Dashboard with Excel for HR purposes 2) Outline data analysis expressions (DAX) in Power Pivot 3) Implement HR metrics in dashboards
- Topic 4. Collaboration Environment of Human Capital Management System (MOOC)Basics of Collaboration. Describing Collaboration Networks. Mapping Collaboration Networks. Evaluating Collaboration Networks. Measuring Outcomes. Intervening in Collaboration Networks.
- Topic 6. Employee Turnover1) Comprehend three categories of turnover drivers (external, organizational, and individual). 2) Talk over different types of turnover (attrition rate). 3) Discuss the case of Semiconductor Company.
- Topic 5. Talent Analytics and Future Directions (MOOC)Self-fulfilling Prophecies. Reverse Causality. Tests and Algorithms. Prescriptions: Navigating the Challenges of Talent Analytics. Organizational Challenges and Future Directions.
- Topic 3. Staffing Analytics in Human Capital Management Systems (MOOC)Turning data into information. Force analysis. Metrics and statistical applications.Three value paths. Efficiency measures. Effectiveness measures. Business outcome measures. People analytics trends. Barriers andkey enablers to success.Hiring: Predicting Performance: Fine-tuning Predictors;Using Data Analysis to Predict Performance. Internal Mobility: Analyzing Promotibility& Optimizing Movement within the Organization.
- Class activities(1) Kahoot game. At the beginning or at the end of some lectures a 15-minute Kahoot game is conducted. If the student missed the class, there is no option to participate in this activity. (2) Individual assignment during seminars. At the beginning or at the end of some seminars students will get a written task for 10-15 min based on their home reading or materials discussed during the previous classes. If the student missed the class, there is no option to rewrite this task, except for sickness absence. In this case, the student should notify the instructor about his/her sick leave.
- Written Test in the LMSThe quiz consists of 30 test questions (1 mark for each positive answer). No negative marks for wrong answers
- Exam in the LMSThe exam consists of 30 test questions and covers all topics including the Blended course details. Total time: 60 min. No negative marks for wrong answers.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.25 * Class activities + 0.4 * Exam in the LMS + 0.35 * Written Test in the LMS
- Fitz-enz, J., & Mattox, J. (2014). Predictive Analytics for Human Resources. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=812792
- Pease, G. (2015). Optimize Your Greatest Asset —— Your People : How to Apply Analytics to Big Data to Improve Your Human Capital Investments. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1046506