Research Seminar "Application of Mathematical Methods in Economic Analysis II"
- The objective of this course is to help students prepare to write their term paper.
- The ultimate goal of the seminar is to make the scientific work of students a permanent and systematic element of the educational process, to include them in the life of the scientific community so that students can master the technology of research activities in detail.
- Students are able to examine and critically appraise research methods and tools.
- Students are able to plan and perform an independent research project.
- Students are able to take the responsibility and persuade the audience in the efficiency and reasonability of your decisions. Students have to make a presentation of their PMT. In this presentation, students will have to justify their research question, their use of a given theory, their use of a given research method.
- Students demonstrate a range of generic skills including information and time management, team and project work, computing and autonomous learning, digital skills. Planning and beginning to perform a research project requires students to develop a research question, gather data, choose appropriate research methods, and analyze these data, among other tasks.
- Students demonstrate an innovative, open and ethical mindset. Planning and beginning to perform a research project requires an open and innovative mindset. For example, students have to develop a research question and identify the research method that is most appropriate for this research question.
- Students demonstrate deep knowledge and critical understanding of theories, principles, concepts and methodologies.
- Term Paper: Rules, Deadlines, Plan
- Research Paper: Overview
- Research Project: How to start?
- Research Paper: Literature.
- Reading Articles
- Research Project: Choosing Appropriate Research Method
- Research Project: Data Analysis
- Research Project: Discussion
- Presentation of the PMT: examples
- Presentation of the TP
- Presentation of an article related to TP: example
- Presentation of an article related to TP
- Oral defense of the TP
- Presentation of the Preliminary Term Paper (PTP)
- Presentation of an article related to TP (Term Paper)
- Test based on an article
- Oral defense of the PTP (Preliminary Term Paper)
- 2022/2023 3rd module0.25 * Oral defense of the PTP (Preliminary Term Paper) + 0.25 * Presentation of the Preliminary Term Paper (PTP) + 0.25 * Test based on an article + 0.25 * Presentation of an article related to TP (Term Paper)
- Kuada, J. E. (2012). Research Methodology : A Project Guide for University Students (Vol. 1st edition). Frederiksberg C [Denmark]: Samfundslitteratur Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=503632
- Axelrod, B. N., & Windell, J. (2012). Dissertation Solutions : A Concise Guide to Planning, Implementing, and Surviving the Dissertation Process. Lanham, Md: R&L Education. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=522053