- 1. To know the basic facts regarding the reasons and consequences for the differences in the rate of growth across the globe. 2. To know the basic models of endogenous economic growth, in particular, economic growth built on endogenous human capital investment and accumulation.
- Be able to analyze, evaluate and estimate policy implications.
- Be able to modify basic growth models.
- Know basic neoclassical and endogenous growth models, growth “stylized facts” and puzzles, four growth paradigms.
- Know the most recent contributions and debates on growth.
- Understand the principles of growth model building
- 1. Empirical Facts
- 2. Taxonomy of Economic Models
- 4. Over Lapping Generations Model (OLG)
- 8. Income Distribution and Human Capital Investment
- 9. Gender Gap, Fertility and Growth
- 3. Real Business Cycles Model
- 5. Trade, Learning-by-Doing and Growth
- 6. Mass Migration, Norms and Growth
- 10. The Role of Inequality in the Process of Development
- 11. Quantity-Quality Trade-off in Investment in Children
- 12. The Great Divergence in Population and Output
- 13. Unified Growth Theory
- activity in class
- closed-book test
- Final examFinal exam will take 2 hours and contribute 70% to the final grade.
- 2021/2022 4th module0.7 * Final exam + 0.1 * activity in class + 0.2 * closed-book test