Guidelines for international applicants conditionally nominated for HSE Gold Scholarship 2018 state-funded quota
The most crucial thing to do to ensure your conditional nomination becomes unconditional and approved by the HSE Quota Commission and the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia is to strictly follow all terms, procedures and requirements as described below.
International applicants conditionally nominated for HSE Gold Scholarship (state-funded quota) in 2018 have to undertake the following steps:
Step 1: accept your scholarship (quota) nomination
"I, [your full name], [your application number], hereby accept the nomination for the HSE Gold Scholarship for studies at HSE - Saint Petersburg, programme [name of your degree programme at HSE]. I agree to abide by all regulations and provide all neccessary documents before the deadlines"
If you do not plan to accept this nomination, please, let us know about this asap by sending an email to email@example.com with subject "[your family name]_withdrawal of nomination" and with the following text:
"I, [your full name], hereby withdraw my nomination for the HSE Gold Scholarship for studies at HSE - Saint Petersburg, programme [name of your degree programme at HSE]"
Step 2: prepare the Final Scholarship Application Package (FSAP)
1) Scholarship Application Form, properly filled out and signed, with one colour photo (3x4 cm, matted print) attached to the upper right corner of the form - IN ORIGINAL
Scholarship Application Form to download Guidelines on How to Fill in Application Form
2) COPY of High School Certificate (for undergraduate applicants) / University Diploma (for graduate applicants), duly legalized by apostille or consular legalization and COPY of its notary translation into Russian language (if the credentials are issued not in Russian)
If you have not yet received your High School Certificate / Univesity Diploma at the time you are about to submit the FSAP, please send a COPY of official academic transcript with all grades and marks for the last year of studies and a COPY of its notarized translation into Russian language (if the transcript is issued not in Russian)
3) COPY of an official Medical Statement of Good Health with lungs X-Ray issued not earlier than March 2018 and a COPY of its notarized translation into Russian language, if issued not in Russian
4) COPY of a HIV/AIDS certificate issued not earlier than March 2018, and a COPY of its notarized translation into Russian language, if issued not in Russian
5) COPY of your travel passport (pages with Name, Photo and Citizenship) and a COPY of its notarized translation into Russian language, if issued not in Russian
The expiration date of this document shall be not earlier than the end of March 2018. If your passport expires before this date, please apply for a new passport asap.
Applicants bearing a valid Russian traveling passport must use this passport to enter Russia.
NB! Please bring the ORIGINALS of all above mentioned documents (except the Scholarship Application Form) with you to Saint-Petersburg to complete your enrollment!
Step 3: wait for nomination approval by the HSE Quota Commission
- All nominations for the HSE Gold Scholarship are conditional unless approved by the HSE Quota Commission that will start its regular sessions in March 2018. This procedure is rarther formal and does not require any special action from the nominees.
- As soon as nominations are apporved, the list of approved nominations will appear on our website, and you will receive additional email notification.
- Right after you receive this notification or find yourself in the list of approved nominations, please proceed to Step 4 and Step 5 immediately.
We will send you a copy of your Scholaship Certificate by emial as soon as it is issued by the Ministry.
Step 4: sumbit the Final Scholarship Application Package electronically
- Scan and save each document as listed in the Step 2 to a separate file in .PDF format (+ 1 photo in .JPEG format), following the principle of the file name "[your family name]_document name"
- The size of each file should not exceed 3 MB. You should get 6 files in total.
Step 5: deliver the hard copy of the Final Scholarship Application Package to HSE
- The Final Scholarship Application Package in hard copy must be delivered to the HSE within 1 month after the publication of the decisions of Quota Commission of HSE and shall reach us by July 1, 2018 at the latest.
- Pack all the documents in a separate transparent "file" in the order as mentioned in Step 2 and send documents to the following postal address:
Office for Cooperation with the CIS and Baltic Countries
We strongly recommend that you use express post courier service to ensure your documents are delivered safely and on time!
- Submit the documents in person to HSE by July 1, 2018 at the latest to the following address:
109028, Moscow, Pokrovsky Bulvar, House 8, Building 1. National Research University Higher School of Economics, office 304
Office for Cooperation with the CIS and Baltic Countries
Please pre-call offices before comming by the number +7 (495) 725 30 01 and order a pass to enter the building of the HSE.
Step 6: submit electronic application for foreign credential recognition procedure
As soon as you receive your credentials with legalisation and notary tranlsation into Russian language, please submit the electronic application for foreign credential recognition procedure on our web site. Please upload the scan copies of your credentials to this electronic application.
Information on the procedure of recognition of foreign educational documents.
Step 7: prepare for your arrival to Saint-Petersburg
- NB! Please bring the ORIGINALS of all documents mentioned in Step 2 (except the Scholarship Application Form) with you to Saint-Petersburg to complete your enrollment!
- The academic year at HSE commences on September 1 (except the Master in Applied and Interdisciplinary History, where the commencement in on October 1)
- HSE - Saint Petersburg automatically provides a place in the dormitory to all foreign students under the HSE Gold Scholarship. If you DO NOT require a place in the dormitory, please let us know in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For check-in to the dormitory you need to have a to have a valid medical insurance covering your stay in Russia
- All International Students are strongly expected to arrive within the Common International Arrival Days
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!