Pre-Arrival Guide for Exchange Students
If you are an exchange student or a free mover who is going to start your exchange Semester at HSE University – St Petersburg in Spring semester 2020, please fill out our Pre-Arrival form.
Please make sure to take along the following documents/information before going to Russia:
- Valid passport with visa
- Medical insurance (could be obtained upon arrival)
- General Good Health certificate signed and stamped by a physician (to check into the dormitory)
- Fluorography certificate (lung X-ray) translated into Russian* (to check into the dormitory)
It is possible to have a Fluorography X-Ray done in St Petersburg and/or to have the certificate translated here; however, this may take several days (and will incur additional costs)*
- Photocopies to have in your carry-on luggage: passport ID page, passport visa page, letter of referral from the Ministry of Education and Science (quota full-degree students), study contract (if applicable)
- 4 passport-size (3x4) photos on a mat paper (2 for the dormitory + 2 for the IO)
- Contacts of your buddy
- Contacts of your exchange coordinator:
Ms. Daria Zima, Head of Student Academic Mobility Unit of Centre for International Cooperation, HSE University – St Petersburg
Ms. Polina Krutskikh, Incoming Student Coordinator of Centre for International Cooperation, HSE University – St Petersburg
Address: Room 215, 123, Naberezhnaya Kanala Griboedova, St Petersburg, Russia
Phone: +7 (812) 644 59 10 ext. *61245 or *61747
- Contact details for your embassy/consulate/diplomatic mission in Russia;
- Copies of all the documents to put into your carry-on luggage.
For further infomation please refer our HSE Saint-Petersburg International Student Handbook.
Before arriving to Russia you are required to purchase your own health and accident insurance in your home country. You will not be able to receive a Russian Student Visa without valid medical insurance. If you already have insurance, please contact your provider and confirm that your insurance policy is valid in Russia and check the details of your cover. Obtain a list of hospitals that you may attend should the need arise, and make a note of your insurance company’s emergency contacts.
DOCUMENTS FOR THE STUDENT DORMITORY
In order to move into the student dormitory, you will need to present the following documents:
- Migration card (you will receive this at the airport or train station when you arrive in Russia);
- General health certificate translated into Russian;
- Fluorography certificate (lung X-ray) translated into Russian. It is possible to have a Fluorography X-Ray done in St Petersburg and/or to have the certificate translated here; however, this may take several days (and will incur additional costs);
- Copy of your passport;
- 2 passport-size photos (3x4, preferably on matte paper).
BEFORE AND UPON ARRIVAL
Please do not buy your travel tickets until you have received your Student Visa, and plan your arrival for during the daytime.
We will be happy to answer any questions at any time and to assist you in any way we can. We look forward to welcoming. Please download or print the instructions on how to reach the International Office and the dormitory:
- from the Pulkovo airport to the HSE International Office (Room 215, 123, Naberezhnaya Kanala Griboedova / Набережная канала Грибоедова, 123) – view in Google Maps;
- from the HSE International Office to the HSE Student Dormitory (21, Zaporozhskaya ulitsa / Запорожская улица, 21) – view in Google Maps.
If required, Erasmus Student Network at HSE University – St Petersburg will provide you with a 'buddy' who will give you an advice and assistance before and after you arrive.
However, please be aware that they won’t be able to answer questions on visas, admission, programmes or other 'serious' issues. On such matters, please get in touch with the International Office.
Once you have arrived to St Petersburg, please make sure that you visit the International Office the same day (if arrived before 2 p.m.) or the day after your arrival (if arrived after 2 p.m.).
Please make sure to bring on you the documents mentioned in the document checklist above.
The Orientation day for International Students of HSE University – St Petersburg will take place on January 9-10 2019. Please, see the preliminary programme here:
During the Orientation day HSE University – St Petersburg is will cover all the important issues on visa and migration control, learning process, student social life, insurance, safety, etc.
See you soon!
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.