Scientific and practical seminar
A regularly conducted scientific and practical seminar organically connects with interest of the scientific and educational group. The concept of the seminar consists in a joint discussion of the problems and the content of the texts studied. Moreover, the scientific theme of the seminar is broader and captures such broad research areas as Source Study, Archival Studies, Paleography, Codicology, etc.The general name for the seminars is "Ad Fontes" (exact translation is "to the sources"). This aphorism considers the need to work with primary sources in History.
Possible subjects of presentations:
- "The subject of documents from the archive (Genoa and Venice, XIII-XVI centuries.)",
- "Main features of the sources of northern Italy of the Late and High Middle Ages",
- "General problems of Source Study",
- "Latin paleography in modern Source Study",
- "The place of Codicology in historical research",
- "Archival Studies of contemporary time".
General information about the seminar:
- Head of the seminar: Evgeny Khvalkov, Associate Professor, Department of History, School of Social and Human Sciences, HSE - St. Petersburg.
- Location: St. Petersburg, Promishlennaya st. 17. (metro station "Narvskaya").
- Time: the seminar is held 2 times in 3 weeks, the announcement of the seminars will be published on the official website of our project in the section "Events".
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.