Open Call for CHEMP Director
The HSE St. Petersburg International Centre for Health Economics, Management and Policy (CHEMP) is seeking to appoint a Russia-based Director. The ideal candidate will have advanced postgraduate qualifications in economics or a quantitative health related discipline and an established or emerging publication record in a relevant field. Motivated individuals with a clinical background (such as epidemiology, pharmacy or medicine) are also encouraged to apply as economic skills training is available for the right candidate.
The main responsibilities of the role involve providing research and organisational leadership to a small, multidisciplinary team of researchers through:
- Publishing health economics and/or public health research in internationally recognised journals;
- Supporting existing research projects;
- Developing new collaborative, multidisciplinary, research in health economics;
- Consolidating and expanding research partnerships with clinical and other outlets;
- Leading applications for external funding;
- Contributing to the development of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) in Russia;
- Providing timely annual reports and proposals for HSE’s research administration offices;
- Contributing to training, supervision and teaching of junior researchers and students;
- Direct line management of research fellows, research interns and the CHEMP Manager;
- Working cooperatively with the Lead International Researcher and other International advisors to develop and implement the strategy of the Centre.
- Ensuring the Centre meets its KPIs
About CHEMP: CHEMP is an International research Centre, established within the HSE School of Economics and Management in September 2015 as a strategic multidisciplinary initiative to undertake and implement innovative research and education in the fields of health economics and public health.
CHEMP is built around a distinctive programme of research and training in health economics, management and policy. The focus of CHEMP’s research is: on measuring and understanding the quality of health among the population; on the determinants of health-related behaviours at the individual level; and on the factors that determine the success of health interventions and policies, both at the health system level and the organisational level. CHEMP is actively engaged in both qualitative (focus-groups, interviews, experimental design) and quantitative (EQ-5D, Econometrics, social statistics) research.
Requirements: The CHEMP Director role is a full-time position and the successful applicant will be expected to live in or relocate to St. Petersburg. The Director should be a native Russian speaker and have fluency in English.
Benefits: A competitive basic salary plus eligibility for HSE’s publication incentive scheme plus additional bonuses linked to raising external funding.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!