Dual Degree Programme in International Studies
About the Dual Degree Track
The Dual Degree Programme in International Studies is organized according to the agreement between the HSE and the University of Rome Tor Vergata (Italy). It implies that third-year students of the BA program “Political Science & World Politics” have the opportunity to spend one year in Rome at the BA program “Gobal Governance”, while students from Italy are able to visit the HSE. The alumni of the Dual Program will get two diplomas at the end of the study – one from the HSE and the other one from the University Tor Vergata.
The dual degree program is a unique opportunity for the students to:
- broaden and deepen their knowledge in global governance and world politics;
- get experience of international communication and education in a new environment, in one of the best cities in the world;
- become more competitive and successful on the global labor market;
- get two diplomas and enroll into prestigious master’s program.
How to Participate?
Application is open to all first-year students of the BA program “Political Science & World Politics” (in 2017/2018 – also for the second-year students), regardless of the tuition terms. Application deadlines are announced annually in April – May on the website, as well as on the social media.
To apply for a dual degree track you need to:
- Write a letter to Andrey Starodubtsev, the academic supervisor of the BA program “Political Science & World Politics”, stating your intent to participate;
- Prepare a motivation letter (400 – 600 words) on why you want to study in Rome, what goals do you want to achieve and how the dual degree track may help you;
- If the application is confirmed, you need to contact the Study Office to arrange your individual study plan and prepare other documents, as well as to contact the University Tor Vergata for details;
- It is recommended to start preparing documents as soon as possible (visas, tickets etc.)
Candidates are selected at the beginning of the second year of study by evaluating motivation letters, as well as according to the academic ranking. Additional criteria are the command of the English language, as well as the absence of disciplinary penalties.
HSE students do not pay tuition fees to the University of Rome Tor Vergata. State-funded students do not pay anything, while the others pay according to the contract with the HSE.
All visa, travel and accommodation costs are to be covered by students themselves. By preliminary request accommodation on campus or at hostels can be provided on a fee basis by the University Tor Vergata.
About Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata
University of Rome Tor Vergata is a relatively new Italian university, founded in 1982 and situated in the south-eastern part of Rome. The mission of the university is “to contribute to people's education and training, to scientific research and to the technological, organisational and social innovation needed to achieve a truly sustainable development in Italy, Europe and worldwide”. In order to achieve this, the University is actively cooperating with state, private and non-profit organizations, as well as provides high-quality educational programmes. Despite a relatively young age, the University has already been recognized as a leading institution in Italy and Europe. It has about 40 thousand students, 126 BA, 120 MA and 79 PhD programmes.
About Global Governance Programme
BA on Global Governance is a multidisciplinary program aimed at training specialists for the global contemporary society, who has necessary knowledge in Politics, Law and Economy, as well as research and practical skills. The program is held in English and complies with the global quality standards.
Apart from the study classes, students are actively involved into the practical projects and internships. The emphasis is placed upon the interdisciplinary approach towards education, as well as on the creation of the international educational environment, for instance by academic mobility.
Alumni have a vast spectrum of career opportunities in the fields of global politics, governance, economics and law. In particular they work for the international and European governance institutions, public administrations, non-profit organizations and private companies, as well as in the sphere of strategic consulting and journalism.
- Website: https://web.uniroma2.it
- Global Governance: http://economia.uniroma2.it/ba/globalgovernance
- Course List: http://economia.uniroma2.it/ba/globalgovernance/syllabi-2018-2019/