Politics and Societies in the BRICS States
- As the major learning outcome, we expect students to learn how to conduct high-qualified research on political and social aspects of development on foreign countries and prepare themselves to work with complex international issues.
- can solve professional problems based on synthesis and analysis
- can retrieve, collect, process and analyze information relevant for achieving goals in the professional field
- can find, define and use the information from different sources required for solving of research and professional problems
- Introduction to BRICS
- Russia and BRICS
- China - traditional values in modern politics, business, society
- South Africa
- Summary of the course
- In-Class Activities (Discussions & In-Class Presentations)
- QuizzesTests are conducted after the lectures and seminars to check the knowledge of the material.
- Final Essay
- 2022/2023 2nd module0.2 * In-Class Activities (Discussions & In-Class Presentations) + 0.3 * Quizzes + 0.2 * Exam + 0.3 * Final Essay
- Pan, C. (2015). Understanding Chinese Identity in International Relations: A Critique of Western Approaches. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.B31BB10D
- Why traditional Chinese philosophy still matters : the relevance of ancient wisdom for the global..., , 2019
- Harry Irwin. (1996). Communicating with Asia : Understanding People and Customs. Routledge.