Research Seminar "Informations Support for Research in Management"
- Acquire the knowledge about modern information technologies used to conduct research
- Acquire the knowledge about working in MS Excel
- Develop skills for searching and processing information
- The ability to work in a team
- The ability to collect, process, and analyze data necessary for solving research tasks
- The ability to choose relevant methods for processing information in correspondence with scientific tasks, to analyze the results of calculations, and to defend conclusions based on these calculations
- The ability to find and evaluate new market possibilities and formulate new business ideas
- The ability to analyze and interpret data from domestic (Russian) and foreign statistics about social and economic processes and trends, and to identify regular changes in social and economic indicators
- The ability to use modern technical tools and information technology to solve analytic and research tasks
- Introduction to Data Analysis in Microsoft Excel1. Worksheets and workbooks: creation, navigation, formatting, customizing options and views, configuring to print or save. Inserting data in cells and ranges, formatting cells and ranges, ordering. Grouping, outlines, filters. 2. Getting External Data. Managing Connections. Removing Duplicates. Functions: MIN, MAX, AVERAGE, SUM, SUMIF, SUMIFS, AVERAGEIF, AVERAGEIFS, COUNT, COUNTIF, COUNTIFS. Applying logical functions: IF, AND, OR, NOT etc. 3. Charts and graphs: creation, formatting, inserting and formatting an object.
- Intermediate Data Analysis in Microsoft ExcelLookup and references functions: VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX. Defining names for ranges and objects. Conditional formatting.
- Advanced Data Analysis in Microsoft Excel1. Functions: PMT, PPMT, IPMT. Information functions. Charts: waterfall, thermometer, sparklines. 2. Data Analysis: Goal Seek, What-If-Analysis, Scenario Manager. Advanced filters. Subtotal. Consolidation and 3D function. 3. Basic math functions. Pivot Table. 4. Multiple Pivot Table. Applying custom data formats and validation. Applying advanced conditional formatting and filtering.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.25 * Test 1 + 0.25 * Test 2 + 0.25 * Test 3 + 0.25 * Test 4