For online courses authors
Each employee of the Higher School of Economics in St. Petersburg can create an online course. The format and structure of the course is formed depending on the objectives of the course, its future audience and technical features.
MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses)
- The goal is to provide access to the course to the widest possible audience
- Thousands of anonymous listeners
- Available to both HSE students and external listeners
- No entry selection of students
- Automatic check of tasks
- Lack of moderation or general moderation of the discussion
- Platforms for courses: Coursera (English and Russian courses), National Platform "Open Education" (only Russian courses)
SPOC (Small Private Online Courses)
- The goal is to ensure the successful completion of the course by all students enrolled in it
- 30-100 listeners - study group or cohort
- Available only to HSE students of a specific educational program
- Course prerequisites defined
- Assignments are checked autonatically or/and by a teacher
- Moderation of the discussion is held by the teacher
- Platform - online.hse.ru (powered by moodle engine)
If you have questions on production of courses, please contact us:
+7 (812) 644-59-10, ext. 61712
Saint Petersburg, Kantemirovskaya st. 3, building 1, office 331
Videographer / Editor
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.