- to introduce students who are familiar with the basics of data analysis with the concepts of information management and business analytics in the context of organisational analysis
- Understand the current trends in organizational theory
- Understand the principles of big data analytics
- Be able to design and develop exploratory and technical projects, based on relevant theory
- Demonstrate analytical skills the ability to gain information from online sources
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with different stakeholders on all stages of the project
- Introduction to the IT managementTopic 1. Definition of Management. Types of management. IT Management. Effective delegation. Four management functions: PAEI. Topic 2. Feedback policy, Team development. Strategic thinking. Digital skills. Effective Communication, Influencing, Presentation, Relation management Topic 3. Systems and Processes. Effect of digitizing. Errors and mistakes evaluation Topic 4. Human management. Self-management. Time management. Stress and pressure, a balance between work and life. Emotional Intelligence.
- Project managementTopic 1. Development methodologies: Waterfall vs. Agile. Values of Agile modelling. Project Value Models. Topic 2. Lifecycles of project development: Traditional and Agile. Scaling and methodology. Building an Agile project from scratch. Topic 3. Long-term projects: Scope and Requirements, Envisioning, Distance planning. The role of uncertainty and risk management.
- Agile organizationTopic 1. Analysis, Planning and Scheduling. Estimating cost. Social Unit. Organizational structure: Matrix management Topic 2. Governance. Quality principles, Burn-down Charts and Value Scorecards Topic 3. Agile Methodologies: Scrum, Extreme Programming, Crystal, Kanban
- Goodpasture, J. C. (2016). Project Management the Agile Way, Second Edition : Making It Work in the Enterprise (Vol. Second edition). Plantation, Florida: J. Ross Publishing. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1094742
- Stokes, P. (2016). Organizational Management : Approaches and Solutions. London: Kogan Page. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1193775
- Chatham, R. (2015). The Art of IT Management : Practical Tools, Techniques and People Skills. Swindon, UK: BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1082991