Research Seminar: Research Design
- The goal of the discipline is to help students to prepare and write their course works.
- Composing a research design.
- Dealing with literature and other sources.
- Acquiring basic skills of academic writing.
- Getting familiar with basic research methods.
- Enumerates the basic structural units of and formal requirements for the term paper and formal requirements for it.
- Knows what plagiarism is and how to avoid it
- Formulates research questions
- Finds information and literature on the subject matter of the course work
- Conducts a literature review
- Knows different types of research designs and research strategies
- Chooses the research design adequate for the solution of the research problem
- Basics of the Research. Research Questions
- Selecting and Overviewing Literature
- Literature Reviews
- Research Design, Research Strategies, Methods and Data
- 2021/2022 1st module0.25 * Participation in class discussions + 0.4 * Home assignments + 0.35 * Exam
- Keating, M., & Della Porta, D. (2008). Approaches and Methodologies in the Social Sciences : A Pluralist Perspective. Cambridge , New York: Cambridge University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=304674
- Knopf, J. W. (2006). Doing a Literature Review. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.6DDBE740
- Политология. Методы исследования, Мангейм, Д. Б., 1999
- Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches, Creswell, J.W., 2009