Introduction to Profession
- The course is aimed at improving skills and competencies required in professional sphere
- Student is capable of retrieving, collecting, processing and analyzing information relevant for achieving goals in the professional field
- student is capable of reporting the results of the information retrieval and analysis, academic or applied research she/he has conducted: - in various genres (including reviews, policy papers, reports and publications pertaining to socio-political subject matter); and depending on the target audience
- Student is capable of taking part in information dissemination through various media and information channels (both mass and individual), as well as in information campaigns
- Student is capable of participating in organizing and implementing various management processes, and of achieving the goals set by his/her superiors
- Academic writing skills
- Oral and visual presentation
- Preparation and submission of documents
- Business culture and business etiquette
- Self-organization skills
- International student mobility
- Class activityEach student is expected to attend all classes, participate in class discussions, group works and perform class assignments. Student’s involvement and contribution to the class discussions will be an object of assessment.
- Homework assignmentEach student has to perform a homework assignment – to find necessary information on the chosen topic and to represent it in the appropriate workshop. This assignment could be done in a small group (2-3 students).
- Exam testThe test includes main points and questions have been studied during the course. The exam test will last 80 minutes.
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.49 * Class activity + 0.3 * Exam test + 0.21 * Homework assignment
- R.L. Daft, Dr. Ir. M. Aksit, & Ir. B. Tekinerdogan. (2002). Management. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.B0BA2B73
- Fox, S. (2008). Business Etiquette For Dummies (Vol. 2nd ed). Hoboken, N.J.: For Dummies. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=231154