Choose your programme
Check out the catalogue of our undergraduate programmes, choose up to 2 programmes, learn about tuition fees and scholarship availability, visit programme's website to learn more about the programme and programme-specific admission requirements.
Create your Applicant's Personal Account (APA)
- visit the Applicant's Personal Account webpage
- click "Get login and password" link, fill out simple registration form and click "Submit application" button
NB! It is crucial to provide a working and accessible email address and contact phone number in this application - otherwise we may be unable to contact you regarding further application steps.
- within 72 hours after registration you will receive your APA login and password to your e-mail address
Prepare and submit your application from APA
- login to APA using your credentials; you will directly access the application form
- carefully fill out the application form, choose up to 2 undergraduate programmes that you want to apply for in the "Field of study" box
Please note! Due to a technical issue at the time, the English-taught Bachelor's programmes "International Business and Management Studies", "Political Science and World Politics" and "Sociology and Social Informatics" currently appear in both "Russian languange of instruction" and "English language of instruction" lists. Please note these programmes are delivered in English and require high proficiency in English language that shall be proven at the entrance exam!
- please indicate if you want to apply and compete for HSE Gold Scholarship (100% tuition fee waiver) by ticking the "Tuition-free (quota)" box; if this box is not tickable, it means that the programme you choose does not provide scholarships and only tuition fee-based study is available
NB! Please note that application for HSE Gold Scholarship is only possible if you apply to our undergraduate programmes before February 28, 2018. Please refer to Scholarships section to learn more about HSE Gold Scholarship.
- carefully prepare in advance and attach all required documents to your application form:
- Copy of the first page of your travelling passport;
- Copy of your high school certificate or equivalent; if you have not received your high school certificate yet, please attach a recent transcript of grades and marks for last 3 years; please note: these documents are required to be in English, or in Russian, or in any other language with attached translation into English or Russian language;
Please make sure all files are in Adobe PDF format and do not exceed 10 Mb in size each.
- hen your application is completed, wait a little - do not click "Submit application" unless you are sure all your attachements are properly uploaded!
- Be careful: once submitted, no changes can be made to your application except attaching missing documents; duplicate applications are not allowed.
Application review and entrance examinations
- you application will be forwarded to International Admissions for preliminary review. Should we need to clarify anything in your application, we will send you an email enquire. It is essential to reply to our enquires timely - if we do not receive a timely reply, your application might be rejected.
- should you application be all right, your admission is now subject to successful entrance examinations.
- if you reside in a country that is on the visiting list of the HSE Selection Commission in 2018, you will have to pass entrance tests in your country during the visit of HSE Selection Commission - please check out the list of countries, follow the schedule and register for tests properly!
- if you reside in a country where the HSE Selection Commission will not go in 2018 you will receive and email invitation for online entrance tests (proctoring).
- you will have to select a proper combination of entrance tests in accordance with the list of entrance examinations for the programme you are applying for.
Example: you are applying for Bachelor in International Business (tests in Math and English are required) and for Bachelor in Asian and African Studies (tests in Russian and English are required). Register for 3 all tests to increase your chances to get admission to both programmes!
- register for the tests according to the guidelines in the e-mail. Check out test regulations, technical requirements and prepare yourself using test samples.
- don't miss you test appointment! Test results will be published in your APA within a week after the test.
- international applicants also have a right to take the in-person entrance examinations in Saint-Petersburg from June 7 to August 17, 2018 (Entrance Exam Calendar 2018).
Admission based on the entrance exams / tests results
- to become eligible for enrollment, you have to earn minimal pass score for each of two tests required for a relevant programme; should you earn minimal pass score, the status of your application in APA will change to "recommended for commercial (self-funded) studies", and you will receive an email notification with further instructions;
- applicants earned test scores above the average may become eligible for the HSE Best Applicant Scholarship (discount off tuition fee);
- nominations for the HSE Gold Scholarships are made upon the final ranking of applicant's overall score (sum of scores for two tests) for each programme.
In case two applicants have equal overall score in a ranking, advantage will be given to the applicant who meets following criteria as below (from the most important to the least important):
1) the applicant who earned a bigger score for the test that has a higher priority in the list of entrance examinations for the relevant programme;
2) the applicant who has participated in the HSE Internaitonal Youth Olympiad and earned a bigger score for the relevant discipline.
We would like to remind you that all nominations for the HSE Gold Scholarship are conditional unless approved by the HSE Quota Commission. This procedure is rather formal and does not require any special action from the nominees. The final decision on the allocation of a state-funded quota place is taken by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation upon the HSE Quota Commission's nomination and applicant's Final Scholarship Application Package.
Preparing your enrollment after your arrival to Saint-Petersburg
You are nominated for the HSE Gold Scholarship: please strictly follow these guidelines!
You earned a minimal score for each test and became eligible for enrollment for self-funded (tuition fee) studies:
- you will receive a Conditional Letter of Admission and guidelines for the next steps
- it is essential to pay the first tuition fee installment and to bring the Enrollment Package with you to Saint-Petersburg before August 28, 2018 at the very latest as stated in the guidelines
- in case you need a Russian student visa, please fill out the visa invitation application form as soon as possible
- to sign the enrollment contract with the university, your passport has to be valid at least until the end of March, 2019 (18 months ahead the commencement of the academic year); the enrollment contract for underaged applicants should be signed by one of the parents or by a legal representative
The academic year at HSE - Saint Petersburg starts on September, 1
All information about arrivals, accommodation, orientation meetings etc. will be sent to you upon confirmation of your study place. Please feel free to visit the HSE St. Petersburg International Student Support website to learn more about campus facilities.